Sound quality of CD's

Username: Kch93

Post Number: 1
My setup is Pioneer dvd player dv270 , Yamaha RX-V450 A/V receiver and PSB Speaker . When I play the cd they don't seem to have high audio quality. Is this because I'm not using a standard CD player . Any i can recomended which cd player is suitable for this yamaha receiver . Thx

nout
Unregistered guest
When I play the cd they don't seem to have high audio quality. Is this because I'm not using a standard CD player

Very likely, although it could be you just don't like the (digital) sound of cd's and prefer lp's and cassettes.

Any budget cd player will perform better than a budget dvd player...there will be exceptions to the rule ofcourse, but none I know of.

Which cd player is suitable for your Yamaha receiver?

I don't know, how much money do you wanna spend? But the usual suspect will be the NAD C320BEE.

But to be honest, and you're not gonna like this:
a much better way to improve the sound is to buy a (new or used) stereo (-only) amp rather than getting a new cd player.
It is true that cd players outperform dvd players with music but this even more true with stereo amps outperforming A/V amps.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 300
nout - Did you mean the C521BEE?

Keok - The NAD C521BEE retails for $299. It is a very good CD player, and will run circles around just about any mass market Best Buy Circuit City CD player costing 2x it's price. I don't know how it will sound with a Yamaha AVR though. I think it should sound very good.

I think nout makes a good point about the limitation of your current receiver. If you're getting serious about stereo sound, you may want to add an integrated amp down the road. The NAD C320BEE is a great integrated (I own it also) and retails for $400, but can be found cheaper. NAD stuff goes great with PSB (I also own PSB towers). They are owned by the same parent company - Lenbrook.

nout
Unregistered guest
nout - Did you mean the C521BEE?

Yes, ofcourse...the C521BEE cd player.
They're both (C320BEE and C521BEE) good candidates :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us