How to connect my KEF 104ab

Username: Hans

Post Number: 1
I just got a pair of "old" KEF 104ab (type SP1038) stereo speakers in good condition. I wonder how to connect them to my RCA wired amplifier (Sony). Can you tell me what type of connector/adapter I should use?

My Sony amplifier probably needs to be replaced when I want to use the full potential of the KEFs. I've been reading some threads in this forum, it seems NAD is the way to go (integrated is what I'm looking for). Or maybe Cambridge Audio? Does anybody know a good brick and mortar shop in around Amsterdam/Haarlem, Holland?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 802
RCA is to connect to a CD player - you need bare speaker wire, and connect the red to red, and black to black or (+ and -).

Might want to read reviews by the pros here :
www.hifichoice.co.uk

There should be many shops in your city - just check the phone book.

Take the speakers to a shop and they will show you how to connect them up. While there, you can ask to connect them up to a few receivers and see which one you like.

Pick the ones with good reviews on the above sight, and have a listen.

You are at the right place for hifi. There must be many good shops in the city.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3444
Hans,

Fine speakers. Consider these guys - http://www.hifi-notes.com/

I recently bought one of their integrated valve (alias "tube") amplifiers. Excellent. They have real shops but I do not know if they precisely in your area.

Username: Hansel

Post Number: 1
Sorry, had to make a new registration/user name, I couldn't login with the previous...

I was wrong about the RCA connection, these, offcourse, are for connecting the different components.
BTW My amplifier is a Sony TA-FE300 :-(

Thanks for your answers. I think I have a go to my local store called Hobo hifi (www.hobo.nl) and ask them how and where to connect my speakers with. I see they sell a NAD C-352 for €399,- (http://www.hobo.nl/webwinkel/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=377)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us