Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, reused as rear speakers in HT

Username: Maarten

Post Number: 1
I'm considering getting the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers for use as main speakers for my music needs. I heard them on a few occasions with different amps and find that they sound really well for speakers of that price.
Anyway, space in my current livingroom is limited but I would like to upgrade to a full 5.1 system later on for HT use. Could these speakers be reused as rear speakers or would this not be a good idea? (Sensitivity too low for example?).
Also, would I have have a tough time matching them with future new front/center speakers? Chances are I'll be looking for a decent pair of floorstanders with a matching center so it would be nice if the Wharedale's weren't too 'picky'.
I hope this is the right place to ask this question, I considered the HT forum sections but since these are not directly intended for that use... Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Maarten

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 397
These speakers are very good for the price no doubt. They would answer your needs as rear speakers no problem.

Wharfedale registers their speakers at lower sensitivities than many other brands because they use an average whereas most companies use the highest measure to try and convince us they are better......not always true. They also use a 6 ohm reading as a nominal recording when they are fine with any 8 ohm amp.

Post Number: 2
Thank you for answering my question, I'm pleased to hear that.
I've another question now, how would you rate the Pacific Evo 10 speakers and how do they compare to the Diamond 9.1? I found a store today that carries them at the same price as the Diamond 9.1s but I can't seem to find any reviews. I'd go out and have a listen if they're a good buy at the price (225 €).

Regards,

Maarten

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 399
Go and listen. They are both very good but I prefered the 9.1. Use your ears to choose so you will never have that "I should of" feeling. Other peoples opinions are just that. Use your own judgement to choose audio gear.

Post Number: 3
Always do that. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't general knowledge of those speakers being utter crap or so. It's quite a drive to the store that lists them at this price which is why I asked. Thanks Danman.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us