NAD T773 firmware upgrades

Bronze Member
Username: Bigfan

Post Number: 96
I have a T773 with firmware v1.26. Per an archived thread (https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/105589.html) new firmware was made available (v2.05). I'm considering upgrading mine and was wondering if anyone had any new info on any of the following:
1. is v2.05 still the most current?
2. is sending your unit to your dealer to send to NAD still the only way to get the upgrade?
3. regarding the "enhanced bass" feature that comes with v2.05, is that upgraded feature the ONLY way to use a subwoofer with large front speakers for 2 channel music? There was some doubt in the archived thread about whether a sub would work with 2 channel music with firmware v1.26.
4. this may be a more general question: when using 2 channel analog inputs for cd stereo, how do you control what if any bass (at what crossover freq) gets to the sub? I thought that the crossover control in the receiver governs only the digital inputs?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1207
Hook up your sub to the front pre outs. That gives you the best results for music. That way you stay large with the fronts and use only the crossover in the sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
to the front preamp outs, or to the front speaker outs? the pre outs have jumpers connecting them to the receiver's amp (main in) - i don't think i want to undo that.

Username: Mrbegnt

Post Number: 4
I have the NAD v2.05 Firmware including the instructions for NAD T7x3 receivers.
Please send me a message and I will email it to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
I tried but it said "this user doesn't accept private messages"

Username: Mrbegnt

Post Number: 5
bigfan try again, I fixed so I can receive private messages.

Username: Watergate

Hammond, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1
Just curious...
Is a T753 dealer upgradeable, or is it too much hassle for those NADs without serial ports?
Thanx!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us