Help with a dead Harman Kardon AVR110

Username: Billybub

Post Number: 1
Dear All,

I was hoping to maybe find some suggestions for fixing my HK AVR110 - I absolutely love this receiver, and I've had it for about 4 years. Recently (a day or two ago), I went to turn on my CD Player and there was no sound. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the speaker lights (on the HK unit) were flashing, indicating it was not receiving a connection. I have tried everything (tested my DVD player, my PS2) I can think of - my headphone jack does not work either, leading me to believe it's not blown speakers (upon running a test tone sequence, I can hear the slightest clicking and air sounds coming out of the speakers). We had a bad storm a few days ago, so I'm wondering if it's possible that my receiver has shorted out? I have it plugged into a surge protecter though...could it be my connection wires (I tried both of my optical and coaxial connectors to no avail) were shorted during the storm and those need to be replaced? Or the speaker wire shorted out? Obviously, given my novice question, I don't really know where to go - all i know is that I have never had a problem with my unit until now, and am really not too psyched about replacing it. I know having a tech audio guy come in to check it out could be an option, but I am worried that could be quite costly.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions (I have unplugged the unit for a day or so and retried it, and also performed a system reset to no avail) - additionally, my yellow/white/red analog connections do not produce sound either. Sorry for the rambling, but wanted to let everyone know what I have tried thus far.

Thanks in advance all - please save my HK AVR!

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 178
Sounds like your processor has expired. Take it to the repair shop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us