Optical Audio Out Converter

Brian02141972
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony TV that has Optical Audio OUT and I have a receiver that only has the red/white (left/right) audio IN. Is there a converter that will convert the Optical Audio into the Analog red/white plugs?

ani
Unregistered guest
Do you use any kind of box...like Time warner?

I ask because I just went thru something very similar.....
My Denon reciever had the Optical Audio...but the Time warner box (that is how I ran it) did not. I called time warner and they upgraded my box for free...that box did have the correct connection.

I did go to Radio Shack first...looking for a converter...and could not find one.

There are probably others here that can help more than I can.

annie

Brian02141972
Unregistered guest
I do not have a box. The TV is HDTV ready and I have an outdoor antenna to bring in my local HD Channels. The antenna connects directly to my TV with a coaxial cable. My problem is that I cannot figure out a way to have the audio play through my receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 66
You are trying to switch between a digital path cable to an analog cable...I don't believe this is possible.

but I could be wrong....

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 924
Your tv doesn't have a standard audio analog out jack?

Brian02141972
Unregistered guest
No, the TV does not have an analog audio out jack. I don't want to buy a new receiver since the one I have is not that old and has a five disk DVD player built-in, but it looks like that may be my only option.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us