Jvc hx-gx7

Username: Stereo_genious

USA

Post Number: 6
Hi guys. I have one question for y'all. I have the JVC HX-GX7 mini system in my bedroom. The built-in subs pound pretty well, but I would like to consider adding a third sub to it through the speaker-level inputs. Do you guys have any advice on what size sub would be best? For your info, the built-in subs are 6-inchers. Any answers?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 779
Bigger the better in sound, but I would advise against it. If you want better sound, consider getting a separate system - it will sound better for sure.

Perhaps it's time to graduate all in one system, and move on to more qaulity sounds...

If you want to go that rout, post it and you will get many responses.

If bent on a sub addition, sony makes good ones at affordable prices.

Bronze Member
Username: Stereo_genious

USA

Post Number: 12
That is what I was originally thinking of doing, but I just bought this system last year! My parents and social therapist agreed on the idea of adding something to the stereo I already have, and I thought this would be a great addition. But why do you say no? If I hook up the subwoofer via the JVC HX-GX7's speaker jacks, will that help, or will the system blow up?

Anonymous

OMG, I sure hope your system sounds a hell of a lot better than it looks...what an eyesore! Looks like it was designed by some 13 year old on crack.

If you want decent bass do yourself a favor and toss the two OEM subs and buy a real sub, maybe a Hsu STF-1 or 2 it'll eat those ridiculous JVC boxes for lunch without breaking a sweat.

Of course if you did that, you'd quickly want to upgrade to decent speakers (even $100/pair aftermarket speakers will sound better, if you can live without the tacky-@ss plastic molding) and before you know it, a REAL receiver and REAL cd player not this kiddy-mass-market junk!

Bronze Member
Username: Kidstereo

Post Number: 24
Okay, Anonymous. I really appreciate your helpful suggestions. So, anyways, if you think that even $100/pair aftermarket speakers will sound better, which brands would you recommend?

Bronze Member
Username: Kidstereo

Post Number: 25
Also, if you're wondering whether or not I am the same poster who said that his name was Mike, yes, I am, and I'm sorry. The reason why I said that my name was Mike is because I was worried that if I said that my name was Matt, then I would probably get spammed. Nothing against you guys or anything, but you know, in this day and age, the Internet is not always a safe place to be.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2093
If I only had $100 to blow on speakers, I'd get the Athena AS-B1s being closed out at audioadvisor.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us