Sharp CD-BP1500 "PROTECT" message

Anonymous

hello, while hearing music suddenly showed on the system screen message of "PROTECT" and it seems to be stuck.
how can I fix the problem?
help please..
thnx.

Anonymous

We have the same problem as the above. The stereo is a SHARP CD-BP1500. It has a message on the screen PROTECT and nothing will work. Can you please tell me what this fault is or how do I clear it.

zizzergirl
Unregistered guest
Good news! I found this while desperately searching for the reason my Sharp CD-BA2650 suddenly said "protect":

For some reason your receiver is detecting a very low impedance (probably less than 4 ohms) on 1 or more of the speaker outputs, and is going into "protect" mode to protect itself against damage. If you are certain that your speaker wiring is good end-to-end, then maybe one of your speakers is causing the problem. You can try disconnecting all the speakers, then attach one speaker at a time, turning up the volume to see which one is causing the problem.

This suggests a speaker or wire. I will replace my wire, and test the speakers with another unit. Cup your hand over the speaker (for small ones) and then move it away. If the sounds changes, the speaker may be bad.

moylesey
Unregistered guest
I am getting the PROTECT error when there are NO speakers connected to my DV50, so I am strugging now. Did the solution from zizzergirl sort out your problems annonymous? What does the retailer who sold you the unit say?

Anonymous

Try plugging in a pair of headphones. I tried it without the speakers connected and since it found the headphones and they were OK the system came out of protect mode.

Unregistered guest
Efectively, there is a high percent of probability that one o both speaker are in trouble, or maybe the wiring. But if you try taking out both speakers and the problem persist that's a sign that te power amplifier IC is broken in one or both channel. This stereo uses STK402-050 and this IC is recommended to work on +/-38V maximun with no signal, on +/- 36 V with 6 ohm speaker impedance and +/- 25 as recommended working voltaje. This equipment works internally on +/-39.5V and this is a very high voltaje for this IC, working at the maximun of i'ts cappacity. In case of broken IC I do recommend that you change this one for the STK 402-070 or above. All stk 402 are completely compatible. The higher the number, the higher the voltaje and te Power output. Thus, you will improve the reliability. One more thing, the best case for any modern audio amplifier is when there is no speaker connected. So, if in this case the system still shows PROTECT, your amplifier stage is wrong and needs to be repaired in most of cases. I would attach technical specificatios for the line os STK 402 for reference but there is no space in this message. Sorry for muy english

Unregistered guest
Efectively, there is a high percent of probability that one o both speaker are in trouble, or maybe the wiring. But if you try taking out both speakers and the problem persist that's a sign that te power amplifier IC is broken in one or both channel. This stereo uses STK402-050 and this IC is recommended to work on +/-38V maximun with no signal, on +/- 36 V with 6 ohm speaker impedance and +/- 25 as recommended working voltaje. This equipment works internally on +/-39.5V and this is a very high voltaje for this IC, working at the maximun of i'ts cappacity. In case of broken IC I do recommend that you change this one for the STK 402-070 or above. All stk 402 are completely compatible. The higher the number, the higher the voltaje and te Power output. Thus, you will improve the reliability. One more thing, the best case for any modern audio amplifier is when there is no speaker connected. So, if in this case the system still shows PROTECT, your amplifier stage is wrong and needs to be repaired in most of cases. I would attach technical specificatios for the line os STK 402 for reference but there is no space in this message. Sorry for muy english

Username: Youngblood275

Post Number: 1
hi i have the same PROTECT message coming up is there anything i can do to reset the machine.

Username: Karlolivergibson

Post Number: 1
Hi my sharp CD-ba2010 keeps coming up with protect and I've unplug speaker and it still keeps saying it and I've tried with set head phones in it can someone help me with this problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us