Sound ? help

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 21
well since i bought my harmon kardon avr 330 reciever as an open box $400 canadian with no manuel with it im having trouble with the set up ...and since harmon kardon website or there 1-800 # dont help me out with this prob i have im hoping some1 here cam help me ....on the reciever theres a button that says channel....wen i press that i can adjust the volume level on the front l,front centre,front right and so on....the highest it goes is +10db on each channel...i only have the 3 speakers up fron and i have them all set up to +10db...i did that so i can have more volume power...cuz if i put them back to 0db i dont get that much volume...some1 told me its not good to set them all at +10db i dont understand why not wen it gives me more volume....so my ? is wats wrong with them all at +10db...and wats the rite db to set the speakers to...again wen the harmon kardon is set to 0db and i crank up a movie all the way it sound a bit loud but not the volume it should have considering its a high currwnt reciever...i mean my 3year old sony receiver 80watts x 5 gives me more sound...this is why i set the hk to +10db...by the way im using athena asb2 fronts and asc1 centre and ive checked the speaker wiring its fine....my mom has a 3yr old lower end $300 canadian pioneer reciever 100watts x5 wich seems to have way more power then my sony and hk put together...somthing tell me theres something wrong with my set up with my hk cuz it should have more power then even the pioneer....i know for sure its not the speaker wiring it must be the options on the reciever ...help me please
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us