Marantz SR 7400 multi-room problem

Username: Rll

Menlo Park, Ca USA

Post Number: 1
I've finished (almost) hooking up a Marantz SR7400 5.1 surround sound system. The receiver has tremendous flexibility and I like it.

I have a 2nd set of speakers in another room and would like to hook them up as multi-room speakers, but I can't get them working! I can get them to run as part of a 7.1 setup (verifying the speakers are working and the receiver output works too).

To enable multi-speakers with the remote I go to the main menu, select multi room, turn mspkr = on, and diddle with the db setting = no output. Am I missing something?

Help would be very much appreciated!

Ron

Unregistered guest
Ron,
Do you have another receiver kicking around? Last night I bought the SR 7400 and I haven't hooked it up yet. But it will be my intention to utilize the multi-room function. I'm going to drive the 2nd room with the old receiver after sending the signal to it from the 7400. Not sure if this will solve your problem...

Like to hear how you like the receiver so far. Does it run hot?
Mort-

Menlo Park, Ca USA

Post Number: 2
Mort,

I've identified my "problem". I expected the 7400 to "convert" digital to analog, meaning I had used digital inputs for CD/TiVo/Dvd. The 7400 will not switch the digital inputs to the analog multi-room outputs!

I realized this when I could get FM output on multi-room and nothing else. BIG LIGHT GOES OFF IN CRANIUM. So I hooked up both a digital input for surround sound (max signal to noise) and RCA jacks for each input device for multi-room. Multi-room goes like gangbusters.

I also purchased a Theater Master MX800 RF universal remote so I can put my A/V stuff behind wooden doors. The MX800 is wonderful, easy to program, and works from anywhere in the house. I had trouble initially with RF noise from either an alarm system or a remote thermometer/hygrometer. Once that was sorted out (by repositioning the RF receiver in another room), the remote is great.

Good Luck with your 7400. I purchased a HK 2400 amp for 2 more zones. It works fine, though I wish I could control the 2 zones separately with a remote.

Ron

Menlo Park, Ca USA

Post Number: 3
Mort,

In answer to your "hot" question: no.
The chassis is warm to the touch, temp builds in the cabinet, but the receiver is not so hot that I can't touch it as reported in other threads.

It's just great.

Ron
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us