BAT[Balanced Audio Tech]

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 278
Does anyone have experience with BAT[Balanced Audio Technology] separates? I heard a BAT amp/preamp with Dynaudio 42 speakers last Friday and was totally blown away by the experience. Amazing imaging from such tiny speakers and the BAT equipment was awesome.

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 36
therealelitefan,

Balanced Audio Technology started about 15 years ago, as a high end 2 channel stereo tube amp, pre-amp company. I am not familiar with any current gear. Did you listen to tubes or solid state?

I am fimiliar with Dynaudio speakers, having owned a pair of Contour 3.0's about 6 years ago.
Rick

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 279
What I heard was a solid state amp, the 6200 I believe. I have found out this amp in 2 channel is $4995 and $1250 for each additional channel. Way to expensive for me to ever consider but incredible sounding. I have dealt with this dealer for 30 years and the owner was nice enough to set this audition up for me as they generally do not move the Dynaudio 42 into their high end room. Just an incredible experience .

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 37
I know what you mean, regarding the price point. My dream amp is the classic Mark Levinson 331. I'm curious to hear it compared to Levinson, Krell, and Meridian. I would love to hear it with my Maggies. Super post-thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us