Speaker wire ? please help

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 12
have a harmon kardon avr330 reciever and athena asb2 bookshell speakers...my reciever is within 10ft of the speakers...i just bought 16 gauge speaker wires from home depot and the music sounds good ...would i get even better sound if i would have bought the 12 gauge from home depot instead of 16 gauge...somebody told me the 12gauge wouldnt make a diffrance because its only 10ft...he said 12 gauge only makes a diffrance only is the cord was very very long ..is this true ..please help..

Bronze Member
Username: Shahrukhd

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 65
I agree with your friend. That's all I'll say about that.

However, if you're happy with the sound, leave it at that. Don't go spending more cash on something you're not sure will make much of a difference (in this case it won't, IMO).

Unregistered guest
I am installing in-wall speaker wire and I want to use the existing holes in the studs that the 12/2 electric wiring is snaked through. Will this cause a lot of "Noise"? Also, what gauge should I use? If you have any other pointers I would appreciate it. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4451

Check local building codes. Most codes do not allow the speaker wire to share the installation location of the AC wiring.

kfaria
Unregistered guest
Let's assume that code allows for it

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 247
Never assume anything with building codes!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us