Which AV Amp? Please help!

Username: Rcooke

Post Number: 1
I have just purchase the Panasonic 42PW6B Plasma Screen and the KEF KHT 2005.2 "egg" speakers.

I have an old Kenwood 5.1 amp and want to upgrade!
Should I go for the Denon 3803,3805 or something else?

I have read that you should base the decision on the speakers but Im not sure which is best.

I watch many movies (downloaded not DVD) and would also like to get good quality music.

Thanks very much!

Hivihead
Unregistered guest
There are lots of factors before buying a a/a receiver. My Denon AVR 2802 sounds solid and good and reliable. The 3803 is a better choice since is D/A converters from Analog Devices are more up-to-date. Marantz is another company I'd prefer. Its SR-series is not only good for movies but also fantastic for music lovers. Have a chance to audit both brands. And try to figure out how many sources you have on deciding which model you'll get.

DC
Unregistered guest
hello gentlemen

I am a fairly new hifi and home theatre enthusiast and am in need for honest suggestions. i have used a Yamaha rxv640 till date to drive the MS 902 Signatures, well i have heard Marantz and Denon found them pretty alike sound wise. I want to upgrade my amplifier. Can anone suggest a good AV amp better than the Rxv 640.

Cheers

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 355
It all depends on your budget and how many channels you want on the amplifier. Do you find the Yamaha receiver inadequate for the MS 902's? Does the receiver clip or does it sound strained when playing loud?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us