Monitor Audio GR60 speakers go with...?

Username: 504loki

Post Number: 1
Greeting
I have recently purchased a pair of Monitor Audio GR60, a pair of of GR10 and a GR centre speakers. I also have an older model of Sunfire Cinema Grande Power Amp (200W per channel x 5).

My question is, what is a good Pre-Amp to go with these speakers and Power Amp?

Or is it better to go with a new Receiver, if so what make and model would compliment the speakers nicely?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Loki

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 293
There is no reason to buy a receiver since you have a good and powerful 5-channel amp.

There are plenty of good AV preamps. It all depends on your budget. On the low end you can get an Outlaw Audio 950, but there are plenty of others that are excellent. It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. Many AV preamps cost as much or more than many manufacturers top of the line receivers.

Post Number: 2
The price range I am thinking is between AU$2000 to AU$4000.
I'm interested in the Sunfire Theatre Grand Series 3 7.1 to go with my Sunfire Power Amp.
Is that a good choice?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 297
It is a fine choice, but at that price I would probably go with the Anthem AV20 version 2. I think they both list at $3,495 in USD. The Anthem is THX Ultra 2 and has superior build quality. It also has upconverting in the video circuitry and the Sunfire doesn't. The Anthem also has the new HDMI input/output on the back for the new HDTV's that are coming out with that superior connection.

But if you want a matching AV preamp you can get very good performance from the Sunfire. I just think the Anthem is the best at its price point.

Post Number: 3
Thanks, will look into it

Loki
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us