What is "a-bus"?

Bronze Member
Username: Thephatp

Post Number: 33
Just as the title inquires--What is a-bus?

I'm trying to choose between:

Denon 2805
Denon 3805
Harman Kardon 435
Harman Kardon 635

I'm trying to stay around $800, so probably looking at the lower models.

But I noticed that HK has a-bus connections on the back of the 635 and 435. What's the use, here?

I'm going to pair with these B&W speakers (and I will eventually be going to a 7.1 setup...probably in a year):

603 S5 for mains
LCR600 Center
ASW600 Sub (will probably upgrade sub soon)

Does either brand seem to go better with these speakers? I've been learning towards the Denon 2805, but I haven't done much research in the HK receivers.

So, my three big questions:

- What is a-bus?
- Which brand receiver would be better?
- Do I need the more powerful model for these speakers, or could I go with the 2805/435?

Thanks!!!

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1397
It's similar to a USB port(universal bus) on a computer. It's alternative way of connecting Ipods, portable MP3 players, and stuff like that to your receiver.

jpm081002
Unregistered guest
The A-bus is also used to connect your entire house to your receiver using cat 5 cable, A-bus room controler boxes and an A-bus hub. This allows you to listen and control the receiver from different rooms, with different volumes, and even different sources (i.e. video 1, video 2, AM, FM, CD, etc.). I am looking at purchasing the HK AVR 435 for this reason (and others too). I built a new house and ran CAT5e cabling everywhere. Hope this helps.

phart buster
Unregistered guest
A multi-axeled vehicle designed to transport passengers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us