Fluance speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Dodgedifferent2

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
i just recieved my Fluance sx-ss (eventually get the sx-htb) in the mail today. I would ramble on about how well packed and cheap they were, but from where i was sitting watch The Incredibles. I was flat out amazed at the new sounds i was already getting and the look of them were awesome. I love the look and I am loving the sound so far. They are not even broke in yet. I upgraded from some cheap sattelite speakers and the difference is well unexplainable.

I just cant wait for the rest to show up. In about 2 weeks

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 804
Fantastic! Keep us posted as they break in, how they change etc. You sound like a satisfied customer.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 678
Another affordable upgrade is this Onkyo TX-LR552 receiver for only $200 - google search for it. Has digital amp section, with discreet electronics, and sounds like an upscale piece.

If you don't have an upscale sounding receiver, look into this, and your ears will thank you.

Glad you are happy with your new speakers - it's exciting to get something that betters your sound - will have you re-discovering your CD collection.

You can do many things to tweak your system to sound better. If you want to read all about it, check here :

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1008285437&read&3&4&

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 35
i got a really good deal on a sony reciever strd647 or something like that (i am at work i dont have it in front of me), but i paid a low low price of nothing. From what i have been told. its not the best but going from 20 watts per channel to 100 is a pretty big jump :D

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 36
as for the speakers i have not noticed much change in the speakers, but i have not been able to use them much because i keep getting called into work.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 891
Unfortunately with a Sony just because it says it has 100 doesn't mean that it has more than 20. I wish you much luck.

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 39
even if it says it has 100 but in reality has 50. Its still a big increase.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 866
At the risk of repeating myself, the difference between 50W and 100W is only 3 dB. It's the same as these increases:

3.12W -> 6.25W -> 12.5W -> 25W -> 50W -> 100W -> 200W -> 400W

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1356
That's true as it goes for raw SPL, but it's hard to quantify the sound quality difference as the result of increased power.

Does that make any sense?? Even though there is a slight increase in pure volume, there will be other differences in speaker output that's harder to quantify. When I jumped from a cheapo 45wpc receiver years ago to a 125wpc Pioneer, my CVs sounded much better, albeit only marginally louder.

Anonymous

There are other factors in receivers which affect sound quality Paul. For example, DACs, preamp processing, etc.

gfdgdgdgdfgdf
Unregistered guest
Also the cheapo 45wpc receiver you had probably couldn't deliver much power at low resistances such as 3-4 ohms and under that many speakers typically reach, while your Pioneer probably can. This will also affect SQ. However, I would take a 55wpc HK over a 100 wpc Sony any day of the week since the Sony won't deliver much of anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us