Where to start

Username: Pricey

Post Number: 1
Can anyone out there assist me with the following???

I have just recently picked up my 1st seperates from a mate who wanted to get rid of some of the stuff he had. The kit in question being Cambridge Audio P25 MKII Amp, Sansui CD-190 CD player and Mission 760i speakers. As they were going dirt cheap and couldn't fail to sound better than the system I had, I brought them as a starting point to develop my own system.

However, as the seperates are pretty old then I have only been able to find out anything on the speakers, which is to say the are good for the money but lack some bass.

As I don't know the of value of these seperates when new to benchmark the cost brackets they are in or what their characteristics are (I am new to seperates) then I don't know where to start.

As the speakers seem ok and Ive heard good things about Cambridge Audio amps, then would the best place to start with this lot be the CD player? I had read some threads on this site about Nad's 521BEE which sounded good.

Any info on the qualities of the seperates I've got or where best to go next with the system (probably looking at the £200 - £250 price bracket each) would be greatly appreciated. Amateurs eh?!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us