Rotel RSX-1055 or Elite VSX-45TX ??

Username: Lgo51

Post Number: 5
Opinions?

with: Paradigm Studio / Maggies

Username: Lexus0829

Post Number: 3
I like the Rotel sound you cant go wrong there, but feature wise I'd go with either yamaha or Pioneer. Also i dont know if elegantaudiovideo.com is an authorized dealer but they sell that Pioneer for $795?? isnt this a $1500 receiver.. just curious,,check it out.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 271
Even though I have a Elite 45 and love it and am probably PE's biggest supporter on this board I would recommend the Rotel with both Paradigm's and Maggies. The Elite is too laid back and while a perfect match for MA's , Klipsch etc the Rotel is better with the brands you mentioned. If the Rotel is more than you want to spend I would consider one of NAD's models like the 753. It would be a great match with either Paradigm or Maggies.

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtpeper

Colorado

Post Number: 69
Plus I dont believe the PE can drive the 4ohm maggies... Just somehing to keep in mind.

Post Number: 6
Thank you all. There s/b a 1055 on its way to me soon. I'll gladly post my results.

Post Number: 10
WELL.... the Rotel's here, installed and tweaked (still need to uplift firmware from 2.2.2 to latest)... and the verdict is: great sound (even if i cheat a bit with an HCA-2 on the mains), and plenty of hook-up options, and straight forward layout -- IF you're of an engineering mind.

Herein lies the rub. The remote's a bit better than OK, but the [insert_adjective_here] engineers put the *highly used* Macro button way-way down under the slid-open lid... DUH ! And its only the Macros that make the split audio / video functionality usable for my lovely spouse. And even then the multi-device command architecture is a bit arcane for her.

So... any suggestions? Have never laid hands on the PE remote, so have no reference there (and that's putting sonics aside totally). I'm just wondering if the compu-benefits of the PE (certainly including the self-calibration) are really significantly better than the Rotel's. Anyone have experience to offer?

Dazed, but not confused...

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I'm looking at a similar comparison: the vsx 55txi and the rotel 1056. I have quad 22Ls up front and 11Ls for the rears, any suggestions which receiver is a better match? The local retailer always, ALWAYS pushes rotels, to the point where I think it's just a bigger gain for them. The elite has great extras, mainly the usb/ilink/auto-setup features. And I could get one from an internet dealer cheaply. does anyone know for a fact whether pioneer will honor the warranty? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 301
You are looking at two very different sounding receivers here and I can't tell you which one matches best with your speakers. Have you heard both? The Rotels are very detailed while the Elite is a much warmer sounding unit. Both have exceptional power supplies and great load tolerance so power is very comparable. Pioneer will not honor any unit not sold from an authorized dealer as most companies do so be careful if you buy any brand. Many mail order and on line dealers have their own warranties but I am always a bit leary about these dealers. I would buy whichever matches best with your speakers from a authorized dealer whether local or not. Keep us posted and good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us