(2)-2003 Kicker Comp 15"

Unregistered guest
Well, you know what im packin in my trunk, so ill get straight to the point. I'm runnin' both of those on a 500 watt p5002 Rockford Amp, I'm not bridging them. When I turn my gain up, and the volume up, my subs make a almost hollow sound like wood vibrating. (Hitting a rubber hammer on a sub woofer box) Anyways, the sound is hard to describe but would this be because my subs are blown, or a box problem? If anyone knows of such a problem let me know how to fix it, or if it's cause of my low budget and not buying a better sub/box/amp combination. =D

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 751
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/49.html

Unregistered guest
I do not have a ported box. I tried to port it, but it is now stuffed with insulation and it seems that no air gets out anyway. The holes are aobut inch and a half thick.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1974
Read the heading at the top of this page - it says HOME AUDIO

Try the CAR AUDIO section - jeez!

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 495
oh well. For being considered older and more mature i havent heard more whining about something so trivial as people posting in the wrong forums.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 166
The insulation in the port is most likely your problem. A fully stuffed port will act about twice as long because the air travels through about half as fast and your enclosure will seem 1.35x the size (transmission line basics). It's gonna give you an odd (very low) tuning frequency that is probably to low for your subwoofer to handle, causing overexcursion. Seal the port holes with something solid, like MDF, and see how it sounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us