H/K 7200 + Klipsch or Monitor S6???

Anonymous

Just wanted to get some opinions on the best match for the H/K 7200. I will be running 95%/5% HT/music. The room I have to fill is 16x32. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the H/K 7200, but the price it is going for is hard to resist and I wanted to try and buy the speakers and AVR together.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 268
You have the right idea with both the receiver and speakers. I like the Monitor's better than the Klipsch. Even after breakin the Klipsch are still too harsh for my taste while the Monitor's initial harshnees goes away after 60 hours of so. At least mine did. H/K and MA is a great combination. Good luck.

Username: Mattyg

Post Number: 1
Elite, thanks for the input. I heard the MAs at a friends house with a Denon, problem is I there isn't a local MA dealer. Any idea on where I can pick up a good deal online? I am leaning towards the silver series.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 270
Matt,
There was a online add on this site yesterday but is gone today. I know there are some online dealers but I can't remember off hand who. Sorry. A search should get you to one, just make sure it's authorized. You could check MA's website also. I can tell you one thing for sure and that is that your MA's will sound much better with a H/K 7200 than any Denon. That's not a combination I would recommend or want to live with. H/K is perfect for MA's. Good luck and let us know if you get this combination.

Fab 5
Unregistered guest
Matt-

Elitefan knows his stuff. I personally have the MA Silver 6's. Great speakers without having to pay an arm and leg for. It's true about Denon and MA not being a good match. I have an Integra receiver. With great input from Elite & Hawk on this board, I would have never known which receiver to purchase. It would be a good idea if you stick with Pioneer Elite, Integra, Nad and HK. Denon is good, but not with MA's.
Just my two cents. Keep us posted on your decision.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us