Naim NAIT 5i integrated amplifier + Quad 12L Speakers

Username: Lagomatic

Post Number: 1
Any thoughts on this Amp and speaker combo. I auditioned them today and was very impressed, I guess I would like to know if anyone has experience with these products. ie, build quality, sound quality.

So I'm throwing it out there. Are there better products for the same money?

I was looking at the ARCAM range of amps (DiVA A85 & A80 & A90) but just felt the Naim 5i had a better musical quality.

I'm quite happy with the sound of the Quads but was wondering if they are a bit miss matched with my style of music being 80's vinyl (Colourbox, Gary Numan, New Order Etc) and the modern day equivalent (Air, New Order, Zoot Woman, Stereolab, Goldfrapp, Zero 7).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 627
The Quads are nice speakers but I really love Naim electronics. Amps, CD players, pretty much anything they make I like.

Username: Lagomatic

Post Number: 3
Art,

So you like the Naim gear. Is the NAIT 5i still a worthy Naim being the entry level or just overpriced?

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 638
You are probably asking the wrong person. I believe all of the Naim gear that I listen to is worth the money. I don't own any because I can't afford, but oh if I could! I will be at Stereotypes in Portland tommorrow picking up a cable and they carry Naim I'll give that amp a critical listen. Waht Kind of music do you listen to? What speakers are you driving?

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 641
Oops, you told me what speakers. Hey it was a long day at work.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 667
Listened to the Naim Nait 5i today and it was fabulous. Smooth and detailed, just what I have come to expect from Naim. Worth every penny plus some!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us