Polk recommended setup

Username: Bonnemazou

New York

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am new to this board.

recently purchased the Polk RM-6700 and PSW-404 sub and set it up with my Pioneer VSX-811 which has pre-amp output and LFE connection on the back
Now reading through Polk litterature, they strongly suggest NOT using LFE output and just run the sub through the front speaker output with front speakers setup on Large. That way they argue there is no possibility of losing some accoustic range for the bass as signal does not have to go through 2 different filters (low pass filter on A/V and the one from the sub).

I wanted to ask someone knowledgeable on these matters if they think this is a resonable way to set up your sub or if Polk is exagerating and regular LFE connection sounds just as good?

Thanks

TWN
Unregistered guest
I think the best way for you to do is to test both connection methods, than you can pick the one that sound right to you.

For LFE connection, you may disable the filter in the sub and let your receiver do its job.

Anonymous

I just find that ii is so easy to spoilt my expensive sub-woofer when I turn volume very high, it is somethinh wrong abount my cross-over setting . can someone tell me ?.it take long time to repair because the supplier said it is not easy to find spare partand yet costly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us