Another question on wiring...rca, coaxial?

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 136
Computer with soundcard > integrated amp > 2 stereo speakers.

I know how to connect the soundcard to the amp, 2 rca to 2 rca. I think the QED Qunix 1 are suitable for a low cost but good performance solution? I need 1.5m which is £25.

What connections do I need to connect my amp to my speakers though? I'll likely bi-wire. Ill probably just get the dealer to do the cables for me, but I want to have an idea of a low cost make, but again not comprising performance as such. I've heard people mention coaxial/digital or is this something different. To bi-wire will I just need to terminate 4 rca?
Cabling length needed 2x5metres to be safe.
What confuses me most, the connections I need for the speaker terminals...banana plugs? Or do speakers(bookshelfs) vary with their connections.
Help will be much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3892

Banana plugs are meant for a temporary connection when used in home audio. Most amplifiers and speakers will be happy with either spade lugs or bare wire. If you use bare wire make certain there are no loose strands of cabling that can touch the chasis of the amp or the other terminal(s). One strand touching an opposite pole will short out the amplifier. That is why spades are often the preferred method of connection.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us