Studio 60 vs Epic 60

Username: Gogi

Post Number: 1
I am just in the process of buying a whole new entertainment system, got my basement flooded! Anyhow, I am debating between the Marantz 7500 and the Yamaha 2500. I am leaning towards the Marantz. As for my speakers, I have a hard time to decide. I have been looking at the Paradigm Studio 60, Axiom Epic 60 and the Boston Acoustic VR2. Any help would be appreciated.

gogi

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 559
Both are easy choices. Marantz and Paradigm. The Boston's are good speakers but I listen to them at Northwest Audio Labs and the Studio 60's kill 'em. That's only my opinion ofcourse.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 145
I'll agree with Art. I listened to smaller speakers in their lines, but came to the same conclusion on the Boston vs Paradigm comparison. I'm running a Marantz/Paradigm combo & can say they match well. The Yamaha is nice, but IMHO seems to spend too much of their build budget on not very useful bells & whistles.

Username: Gogi

Post Number: 2
Thanks. Have you listen to the Axiom at all. It seems like many reviews compare both the Paradigm with the Axiom. I have listen to the Studio 60 & 100 but never got the chance to listen to the Axiom products.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us