How to wire speakers in different room?

Username: Springsteen1

Lincoln, RI United States

Post Number: 1
I would like to set up my BOSE speakers in a different room than the reciever and am unsure of the way to wire the speakers so that the wire is not showing. I live in an old home with plaster walls so this may make things difficult. I was considering mounting the speakers on the wall but getting the wires through the wall seemed as though it would be hard to do and impossible to hide the wires. I am now considering using the BOSE stands that I purchased and just having the wires come through at the baseboard level. Does anyone have suggestions for wall mounts? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3755

Depending on which model you own, any stereo shop should sell wall mount brackets.

Username: Springsteen1

Lincoln, RI United States

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input Jan. My problem is more about how to get the speaker wire from one room to the other and then how to get it to the speakers without the wire showing if I mount them on the wall.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3757

There's not much help I can give you since every installation is different from the last or next. If your house is on a pier and beam foundation, you can try going under the house. If you have attic access, you go through the attic. Either way you want to come through the structure of the wall. Normally you can site the location of walls by observing where the electrical cables run through the beams. Make certain you turn off the breakers before you start poking around any Romex or junction boxes. If you are on a slab foundation and have no crawl space above, you go outside and bring the cable in through a wall.

If you don't know how to run cables and locate wires, then you should at least be able to repair plaster or you will be creating quite a mess for someone to clean up. If you look at the job and it doesn't make sense to you, you will be better off getting someone else to do the job. Watch what they do and you might be able to run the next set of cables yourself.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3758

http://www.hometech.com/audio/

http://www.inwallstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=i&Categ ory_Code=_info

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us