RXV-2500 FM Reception Problems

Username: Tony57

Post Number: 1
I have a new Yamaha RXV-2500 (4 months), love the unit EXCEPT I can't seem to get a clean FM signal. It is constantly cutting out while playing. I have a rabbit ears type antenna attached that I got from Radio Shack (bought it for my TV until my cable got installed). I called the dealer, he told me that this unit requires a strong signal, antenna placement is one of the stickiest things their installers face with these units. (??) What frustrates me is the fact that the FM I get on a $200 Sony boom box is fine while this thing is cutting out.

Anyone with similiar problems or suggestions?

Username: Tony57

Post Number: 2
After reading some of the posts on RM Antennas via search I'd like to add to my original post that this is not a weak signal but a dropped signal. While the unit is playing the sound is good, no static or hiss, it just drops the signal 100% (NO sound) for a fraction of a second VERY frequently. Some drops are longer than others (as I sit here listening to it while I post)

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 661
You might try an antenna specifically designed for fm reception. Or you could try splitting your cable and connecting to your receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 518
I'd second Dale's suggestion about splitting your cable; that's what I've always done with my receiver and have always gotten good FM reception that way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us