Subwoofer is turned on but still not loud enough

Gurps
Unregistered guest
System: Yamaha RX-V640RDS receiver. Mission FS-1 6.1 audio speakers with powered Sub.

Yes, the "subwoofer: yes" is turned on, on the receiver. I have selected 6.1 setup and can see the little L,R,etc "icons" on the LCD. I've tried just about every permutation of settings speakers LARGE/SMALL/Bass: BOTH/MAIN/SWF etc and have given up.

There's *nothing* wrong with the sub on its own if i connect up a simple portable CD player with a line out going straight into the LFE/SUB phono input on the sub. So is the receiver messed up? I have read, re-read and re-re-read relevant sections of the manual so many times that I can quote paragraphs by memory.

Any ideas? I've tried The Mummy, Blade Runner, Terminator 3 etc on DVD and the bass just isn't loud enough despite the fact that it's a 100W powered sub.

Could I just be unlucky that they're just not compatible with each other? (In which case wasting 800 quid in total)

gurps
Unregistered guest
me again. I used this as a reference which sounds very similar to me

http://www.audioholics.com/FAQs/010415_subwoofer.php

But i've done as the guy suggested in the last odd paragraph and i get no satisfactory output.

When I say the subwoofer bass isn't loud enough - i mean this in the sense that if I could theoretically mute it (the volume knob doesn't do much), I get more or less the same as if I not have the sub at all.

Username: Ducati1331

Post Number: 6
Yo man, just take it to a Auto Sound place...they can tell you whats wrong with it for like $20. Or try Best Buy who knows they just might be able to fix it........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us