Newbie...Help selecting home speaker system.

Username: Pookieguy

Post Number: 3
Hi all,

First, I would like to say that although I'm an audiophile, I never really found a need for a surround home speaker system. (live in an apartment).

However, I am considering a pair and after some intense research, came across these beauties...

http://plasmacreations.com/customer/product.php?productid=32924&cat=2290&page=2

I AM picky about color and love black components so the speakers and whatever receiver I get has to be black.

Anybody have these? What are your opinions on this particular set?

Also,
What about a audio receiver? What receiver can I use with these? I've gained some knowledge online and leaning towards an Onkyo receiver. These good? I don't even know what to get and what's compatible.

As far as the TV itelf, I have a new Samsung 42" plasma.

Any help appreciated.

--
Mike

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 490
Infinity's satellites should be somewhat OK for movies, the sub that comes with the package is probably very crappy though.

Plenty of black receivers, DVD players, etc. so don't worry about the color.

Low to midlevel Onkyo receivers I'd stay away from, their power ratings are notoriously inflated plus they have a built in protection circuit (even in the high end models) which prevents you from ever turning them up very high for any period of time.

First thing is to figure out what's the most you're willing to spend total. Also how big is the listening space, what % HT vs. music, and what type of music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us