NAD T763 and Surround sound problems

Username: Sweatepz

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with some trouble I have been having with my NAD T763 and setup with surround modes. I have a cheap Philips DVD player, that I intend on upgrading, but nonetheless I still can't get the surround sound features as provided within the T763 and as I desire.

At this stage I can only get "stereo" when I play: a music CD; radio through the built in FM receiver; iPOD through RCA. When I play a DVD I get "downmix" but no other surround options. When I press the "surround mode" button or access this through NAD setup through the monitor I have no other options than these the setup won't let me change.

I have all of my speakers connected through banana clips to "Speakers A". I am using a digital coaxial cable from my DVD player to the "Digital In" coaxial 3 which is also set to my DVD player in the setup menu, and I have all of the volumes turned up on all channels, and all of the Dolby and DTS functions set to on and the receiver to 5.1/2.0. When playing a movie or listening to music when I press the "display" button it reads 2.0/0.0

The Dolby sign comes up when I put a DVD in but I cant ge't any other surround modes out of my NAD other than "downmix". Last night I managed to get my active sub working, that was just a volume thing, but I have not managed to get my centre or surrounds working. I do not have a DTS DVD player but I should still have more surround options available other than stereo as I shoild be able to get: stereo; downmix; Dolby Pro Logic II; DTS Neo:6; EARS; Matrix 7.1; Enhances-Stereo 1 (ST1); Enhances-Stereo 2 (ST2).

I am unsure of what version my firmware is as I have not managed to connect via my computer as of yet to find out.

Thanks

Clark

Silver Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 101
What settings do have in the speaker setup menu? The symptoms you have are exactly what would happen if you had the center and surrounds set to 'off'.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfson

Post Number: 20
Have you tried reading the manual from cover to cover and done everything step by step.

Username: Rock_bob

Post Number: 2
Hi Clark,

If the B-Speakers are ON, your NAD AVR will downmix to 2.0.

Check the VFD (Front Panel Display) and I think you will note the B Speakers are on. Press the B-Speaker button until they turn off.

Press the Souround mode button on your remote and all should be working again.

Enjoy,

Rock Bob

Username: Sweatepz

Post Number: 3
Hi, thanks for your input, I resolved the problem with a factory reset and all seems to be fine pending a full setup and test.

Thanks again

Clark
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us