Head Phones


Bronze Member
Username: Johnharper

Pasadena, CA

Post Number: 17
Registered: Apr-05
I am trying to buy on Ubid or elsehere for a 'new to me' receiver. My Scott 325R has a output on the front labeled "Phones". I think this is for headphones but it's diameter is larger than the connection I use at the gym to listen to the TV through my cheapie head phones. What is this connection called, is it common to most receivers, and what might the specs be for this? Are there special headphones for receivers and what are some good brands? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 622
Registered: Feb-05
My guess is that your "cheapie head phones" are connected by miniplug. Standard headphone jack accommodates larger quarter inch plug. Specs depend on receiver. There are no special headphones designated for receivers only. There are simply standard phones that vary greatly in quality. Two of the better brands are Sennheiser and Grado.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us