Arcam 300

dustin333
Unregistered guest
for anyone who owns or has any knowledge about the arcam 300. I currently own one and am curious as to what the reference volume level is for the reciever.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
does anybody know the reference level for arcam 300 reciever. I looked in the manual and it is not there. I would like this info for calibrating purposes.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 906
There's only one way to find out.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=33-2055
The receiver is only a very small portion of the SPL equation. Speakers, room size, and room accoustics play the major role, and there is no set number on the dial that will create 'reference levels'.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 541
Dustin,

Do you mean to ask how high the volume goes for max output from a 2V input?

Can I infer that it doesn't sound very loud at 0dB?
How high does the volume dial go (without connecting your speakers)? +5dB, +10dB, +20dB?

dustin333
Unregistered guest
well the dial reads from 0>lowest to 100>highest.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 544
Oh, I see. Looking at their manual, I see that the volume still follows a logarithmic dB scale, so 100 is 100dB louder than 0. But they don't say where the max level is for a standard input. Assume around 90 or so, and turn it back down if it sounds bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Rushwj

Post Number: 20
Dustin, are you pretty pleased w/ the avr300? thinking about getting one myself.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
THE ARCAM IS AMAZING!!
This thing is pristine very very low total harmonic distortion even at high volume .003%.
there is like 13 or 14 menus to set this thing up. its upgradeable. prologic2x. its like a computer but a receiver instead. 100 watts continuos power and when i say continuous it never loses a beat. done many tests with it using spl from radio shack. 7.1 SURROUND

my setup is as follows: ATHENA TOWERS AS-F2'S FOR FRONTS.
ATHENA AS-C1 CENTER CHANNEL
ATHENA AS-B2 RIGHT AND LEFT SURROUNDS
ATHENA AS-B2 RIGHT AND LEFT REAR SURROUNDS
SUBWOOFER SVS PB2+ (A FREAKIN BEAST!!!!)MY ANCHOR.
RECEIVER ARCAM DIVA 300 AWSOME (THE BRAIN TO THE SYSTEM).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us