Sound problems

Username: Warhammer

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I just received my new Harmon Karmon AVR 430 receiver, along with (5) Polk speakers from the LSI line.

It was quite expensive for all this, at least to me it was.

I set it up this weekend and was looking ofrward to enjoying my first movie on it. Everything was working great, until...

I turned up the volume. Then the receiver shuts itself down. We are not talking very loud either. Setting it at a volume that we can mostly hear but occasionally miss some of the dialoge it will remain functional. The higher you turn the volume up from there it increases the likelyhood of a shut down.

An example is if I turn it up a few notches more we may get to watch the TV for 10 minutes or more before it shuts down. A few more notches up and it will typically last 5- 10 minutes. Any further and it will shut down immediately or within just a couple minutes.

Any ideas? Something stupid and to do with my setting it up I hope. I would hate to have to repackage this and send it back!

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 531
At what dB level on the volume dial?

Unplug some of the speakers and try again. See if it happens if one particular channel if hooked up. If so, hook up that speaker to another output and see if it's okay (ruling out the speaker) and hook up another speaker to the bad output to confirm is the amp. Hopefully you'll find a bad connection somewhere when you do this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us