What kind of amp should i get


New member
Username: Bigtruck95

Post Number: 1
Registered: Mar-04
yeah i just bought 3 brand new 12 inch type r subs. I want to get three amps but i dont know what kind is the best to get to get max power out of my subs without blowing them. Also would i have to get a capicitor for my system? any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Disco_stan

Post Number: 82
Registered: Dec-03
Post this in car audio, I'm assuming your type "R" subs are Alpine. But I would recommend getting MRD-M300(300 watts), it will cost you roughly 900 bucks to do 3 mono amps into each sub, but I think it will be worth the money. I also was going to get this set up for my car, but I'm still upgrading my HTS and need all the money I can get!

I think a capicitor system would be a good thing to get, talk to a local dealer and he will tell the whole sha-bang about them.

ctl hog
Unregistered guest
i jus got a 12 w7, what kind of brand amp do you recomend. i already have a rockford punch 500. would that one be alright?

Bronze Member
Username: Disco_stan


Post Number: 100
Registered: Dec-03
if you are happy with it, keep it. But I would check into Alpine audio and JL audio amps also.

im going to get 2 new solo baric L7 10's, they r 1200 watt peak, 600RMS, what kind of amp should i get???

Unregistered guest
I need to buy a an amp for 2 JL 12's in the factory enclosure.All of the mono channel amps seem to be about the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us