Revciever for Paradigm speakers?

Anonymous

What Reciever brand goes well with paradigm speakers? Looking to spend around $700-800 Canadian

Bronze Member
Username: Jimvm

Gonzales, Louisiana U.S.A.

Post Number: 56
Others may disagree, but I believe that any of the following brands would do fine: Denon, Harman Kardon, Integra, Marantz, NAD, Onkyo, Pioneer Elite, Rotel, Sony ES or Yamaha. Pick one within your budget which has the power, features and connectivity that you need and one which pleases you aesthetically and ergonomically.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 220
Integra is a great choice in that price range, along with Pioneer Elite.

Integra is onkyo's upscale line. There is a sonic difference, integra sounding smoother and much more lifelike. Not to mention they are built better. Even the entry level Integra recievers use binding post speaker terminals and gold plated connections. Check it out on the website.

My local 'digm dealer sells integra, and I find the match-up to be quite decent.

http://www.integrahometheater.com/

anyone care to throw out any other brands? posters constantly reprimand me for NAD due to the QC issues, so Im gonna let that rest.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 513
I'll only say what I usually saw to fellow Canadians... Receivers are way more expensive here than in the US. Some of the brands listed above (harman/kardon, Integra, NAD, possibly Marantz, Pioneer Elite, very likely Rotel and Sony ES) are above your price range in Canada!

I suggest buying from the US from a www.borderfree.com affiliated e-vendor, such as www.ecost.com and www.etronics.com
You'll get a price that includes shipping to your door, applicable duties if any, and GST. There will be nothing extra to pay when the package is delivered.

You'll likely end up paying around half-price than you would here.

For example: harman/kardon avr-235:

etronics.com: US$329.95 -> C$546.51 (total, shipped)
ecost.com: US$336.00 -> C$537.68 (total, shipped)
Future Shop: C$899.99 -> C$1035 (after taxes)

The bigger harman/kardon avr-335 is C$1300 + taxes (C$1495) at Future Shop and is C$728.76 shipped to your door from www.etronics.com. That's less than half price, and well within your target price.

Anonymous

What about the Pioneer VSX-1015?

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 523
What about the Pioneer VSX-1015?

Nice. Full of features. Near "Pioneer Elite" specs and quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us