DVD/Stereo audio problem... Please help!

Username: Missmascara

Post Number: 1
I wonder if anyone can help me with this - I recently connected my DVD player to my stereo (Panasonic SA-AK27) via phono > phono leads because the CD mechanism on my Stereo wasn't reading several of my cd's and seemed to be dying on me. The DVD player is connected properly to the system and the music DOES play because I can see so on the display, but no audio is coming out of the speakers. Does anyone know why this could be happening? Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1834
You may need to go into the DVD player's menu and select a suitable audio option - maybe pcm or lpcm for example. I know this is not clear as I don't know your player and many menus and manuals for this gear can be far from simple.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3114
Emma,

I agree with My Rantz. Also, you could check you have selected the correct input to the stereo amp or receiver, and confirm that it works OK using some other source. You might choose "Aux" as the input, for example. The phono plugs to which you connected the CD player should be marked so that you know which amp/receiver input to select as the real ource.

If you select "CD" and it is an integrated stereo, as it seems, then you won't hear anything because it is getting the signal from its own internal CD player, not from the DVD player.

Most DVD players are also good CD players so it may even be an improvement when you have got it to work.

Unregistered guest
I am also having a problem with my stereo which is also a panasonic sa-ak27 but my problem is that when I put in a cd, burnt or not, it says that there's no disc and won't play anything. can you help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us