First home theater system

Anonymous

Hey, I am in the market for my first home theater system but I am on a budget. So, after a good deal of time spent researching on the internet I have come up with three systems that I am interested in:

1)JBL E90
JBL EC35
JBL e30 (surround)

2)Klipsch SF3
Klipsch C-3
Klipsch SS-3 (surround)

3)Infinity Beta 40
Infinity Beta c360
Infinity Beta 20 (surround)

Receiver:
Pioneer VSX-1015TX-K

Now, I do not know very much about speakers so if any of you on this forum know anything about these or can recommend something better for around the same price that would be awesome. Oh, I will be using these speakers for watching movies and listening to all types of music.

Thanks,
Nate

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 193
I personally prefer the klipsch out of that bunch, but you can do better. Here are some of my recomendations.

paradigm
mirage
athena
klipsch reference (certain series are reasonable)
polk audio

hope this helps... my top two choices on this list are mirage and paradigm. They are outstanding speakers that would serve you well with an eclectic taste in music, as well as home theatre.

mirage website.... http://www.miragespeakers.com
paradigm website... http://www.paradigm.com

Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 7
just my 2 cents, but i own a pair of Mirage OMNI 60's and they sound great; I would definately recommend checking some mirages out. I have a "difficult" room for setting up speakers and these do a good job of presenting an even sound stage. Plus, they are very impressive for bass on music, thoug you may need a sub for big budget action stuff though.

Right now on ebay you can pick up new OMNI 60's for $325 plus shipping (MSRP is 600). Also you can get the OMNI CC (center) for around $300 (not ebay, search the web) for sorrounds try a set of the OMNI sats or OMNI micro sats, depending on your room size. If you are looking for bigger floor standers, you could check out the OMNI 260's, they are a 2 1/2 way using the same drivers and technology as the OMNI 60.

All said and done you can get the OMNI 60s, OMNI CC, and pair of OMNI sats for about $900 - $1000.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us