Fake Maui guy?

Bronze Member
Username: Audioholic

Post Number: 20
Not sure what to make of you, but I did notice readng some of your earlier posts that you liked the GMA speaker line. Have you seen the latest review on them on six mooons? Calisto I think it was. They certianly seemed enamored with them, basically said after hearing them, they couldn't go back to anything else or something to that effect. Said they compared favorably to speakers costing two or three times they're price. Pretty much what you have been saying. Thought you might like to read it, so the link is below. Also noticed a few people dissin' the GMA line. Those people might want to read the review too. Impressive speakers for sure. Where did you buy yours? Here's that link
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/gma2/callisto.html

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 449
Real Maui liked GMA's. Fake Maui doesn't really exist. Real Maui is gone.

Anony
Unregistered guest
Posting as anon since is not my intention to brag...I have these and love them...
Being driven by McIntosh Gear..... Naturally

Great Forum

Cheers everyone

http://www.symphonysound.com/lit/mcintosh/XRT30br.pdf#search='mcintosh%20xrt30'

Bronze Member
Username: Mauimusicman

Post Number: 33
GMA is one of many speaker manufacturers who produce high quality products. There is not, nor will there ever be a "perfect" speaker which everyone loves, except perhaps if Bose wins someday.

And no, I dont own GMA's. They probably are pretty good though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Mauimusicman, i'm very perplexed. Earlier posts had you claiming ownership of these speakers. Earlier posts had you living on the island of maui and playing ukelele at the best western in Lahaina. I tell you i'm going to be on your island for a wedding later this summer and you confess you don't actually live on Maui. And now you are telling me you don't actually OWN the speakers you have been bragging about post after post? I am pretty confused. I had the good fortune to exchange e-mails with what I believe is the real mauimusicman (via another audio forum) and i'm going to hook up him when my wife and I go to Maui and listen to his GMA speakers. I'll post my comments here if that meeting pans out. He even offered his advice on activities. Seems like a decent guy. My question now is this. Who the hell are you? Is this forum just a big joke or what people?

Jeronimo
Unregistered guest
Stolen Identity....this is not the real Maui

Did you read Peter G.'s post?

Bronze Member
Username: Mauimusicman

Post Number: 34
Knowing that I'm a fake, why do you expect me to live on Maui and own GMA's like the "real" mauimusicman? Are you really that foolish?

bumblebee
Unregistered guest
the real maui is not registered.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 336
haha, it seems that paul b doesnt really read before he posts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Mauimusicman....ummmmmmm....if you don't live on Maui.......why the handle? Just infatuated with the place? I am curious about this brand, Green Mtn. Any speaker that has professional reviewers not wanting to listen to anything else has my full attention. You guys, give me a break, ok? I was looking for replies from maui, sorry. Anyone else here own this brand? Thoughts? Comments?
Anony? You own these? Tell me what makes them special, please. What model? Price? Size?
Anyone know a good way to get rid of a ground loop? Driving me nuts.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 457
Mauimusicman....ummmmmmm....if you don't live on Maui.......why the handle?

To pretend to be Mauimusicman because Mauimusicman wouldn't register.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
check some of the old posts. there is one where maui got into yet another arguement on his GMAs and time phase and he left in a huff and this guy registered. dont feel too bad about it. if you really did get in touch with the real maui id ingnore this one in that respect. he seems to be somewhat knowledgable and has a rather sarcastic sense of humor, but its all good.

Anonymous

I don!t think there is a second Maui if you get my drift.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 460
Interesting theory...

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
haha, that is an interesting twist.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......ok....ok.....thanks guys. I shall ignore him from this point forward.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us