Yamaha receiver problem

Username: Abf3804

Fgfdgfgfg, Fgfgfgfgf Fgfgfgfgfg

Post Number: 1
I know that all of my speaker wires are connected properly and not touching but when I play a movie and turn up the volume the receiver cuts off. When I turn it back on the message says check speaker wires. I did and everything seems to be ok. It doesnt happen though when I turn off both the A and B channels, just when one of the channels are selected.

Bronze Member
Username: Justme123

Post Number: 27
Are you selected for the correct impedance for your speakers? 4 Ohm 6 Ohm 8 Ohm? Barring that, is the unit in a rack system with restricted air flow, where it could be over heating? Just some thoughts.

Post Number: 2
Thanks,
I'll check that out. Hope your right!!

Bronze Member
Username: Vgtvidz

Post Number: 34
aaron fenzel, I got the basic model (RX-V350) and I get the same problem, I think the problem is because my speakers require 8ohm and the receiver can only send 6ohm, so when I crank the volume, the receiver chock, the speakers are too powerfull for the receiver

Post Number: 3
VGT Vidz,
I corrected the problem. At least it works now. The problem was between my A and B channels and doing some sound checks I discovered it was just my B channels. I unpluged the speaker wire and restriped it and split the two wires apart creating seperation and since then I have not had a problem. Try seperating the wires by spliting them apart and making sure the two are not touching.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 495
VGT Vidz,

That wouldn't be a problem. It means your receiver can handle as low as 6 ohms (so no problem with 8).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us