NAD Amp with Arcam CDP

TSH
Unregistered guest
Any thoughts on pairing an Arcam CD73 with a NAD C352 integrated...I cannot hear them together since there are no retailers that carry both lines near me. I like the idea of the NAD amp as it is more powerful than the Arcam A65, and I cannot spend above what the A65 goes for.

The other alternative is to stick all NAD and get the 542 CDP, which is not a bad option, but the Arcam seems to be considered in another league...Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 531
The NAD amp is better than the A65+ which I don't rate very much at all. It's Arcam's weakest offering. The combination of CD73T and NAD works quite well. I've heard it a few times and it's good. Is the CD73T that much better than the C542? I'm not sure. The NAD is a lively fun player. The CD73T has better resolution and more depth, but is a smoother player overall. It's a shame you can't hear them since this is very much a situation where one man's poison is another man's food - i.e. a matter of opinion. Either way, both options are a good match. Push comes to shove, I think I'd choose the Arcam player over the NAD.

Regards,
Frank.

blueraja
Unregistered guest
I've the arcam cd 82 with a nad 272, and it's a brilliant combination!

I'm using the arcam as my primary cdp, and I'm going to pick up a 521bee used to entertain the sods that trash my house every weekend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us