Kicker kills jl

Username: Carisloud

Burn, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 1
4 the last 3 yrs kicker has destroyed the competition i dont care how many jl you have but it cant compare to twice the surface face of 2 s15 l7's peaked out

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3100
YOUR OBVISOULY AN IDIOT. where to start. first off, if u want to show up jl, you would compare the kicker solo x sub. that sub is good at best. thats it. IN MY OPINION AND MOST PEOPLES. kicker is ONLY good when u have little to no money on subs, and thats when u buy a kicker comp or comp vr. Or if u need decent amps, kicker amps are very reliable and good looking if u ask me. But in 2005 kicker realesed a new look on there comps and comp vr's which make them look very undesirable and look like somen an alien made. very ugly subwoofer. These subs are good subs for the price no doubt. I have owned them and currently have to kicker comp vr 15's. Old school models there best ones they ever made.

Next off since your using the l7's ill include l5's in this as well cause there is nominal difference in there poor performance. First of all, these subs are square, the pos to this is that it has more surface area, THATS IT! The negs are that it has stress points in the surround making it more vulnerable to tearing. Another neg in being square is that it restricts its potential xmax.

People only but kicker because Cc now sells them and these subs are cheap and people are told they are good, by people who dont know anyhting about car audio.

Kicker l5 and l7's get loud and sound SH*TTTTTTY AS H3LLL doing it, they are HORRIBLE SQ subs.

If you were interested in finding someone to compete with, you can take your 2 l7's and ill take 2 jl 13.5 w7's and stomp you on your a$$, h3ll if u want ill take my single 15 i have against you, the only reason JL does not beat kicker is because of the cost, but i guarantee you, if i had jl it would last a heck of alot longer than your kickers. but sorry i know of better things then JL, and i wouldnt waste 300 bucks on just the name.

Thank you for taking some time up in my comp class to prove how idiotic you are being.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 429
People, there's a "car audio / subwoofers" forum just for you here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/49.html

Please keep this one for Home Audio only.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3104
lol peter i would tell people that as well, but nooone listens to me. so i stoped trying lol, just let me handler the car audioquestions

Burn, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 5
i wish you lived around me so when i drive by everything in your house shakes. my car is 170 db + i have a trophy thats bigger than your ego and i get free kicker subs kiss my a@#

Burn, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 6
o yeah l5's suck there is no comparison to the l5 and l7 dont ever do that again

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3165
ahahha, what are you talking abotu, you know nothing about car audio, i dare you, bring 1 15 l7 or l5 to my house and ill compete against you. Your an idiot, they have terrible reliablitly issues and are a good company no doubt, i love Kicker, but your giving them WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much credit cause they suck, and lets see pics if your serious about all that crap cause i bet your wrong and liying

SkieS
Unregistered guest
Isn't the record like 170.5 dB...or do I have false info?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3180
the world record in normal is 177.7 or somen very close to that. But in port wars its like 181 or somen close tot hat which is supposed to be impossible but it happened with a single 10 incher lol

Username: Car_bangs

179.0 at daytona 2004 with some pioneers is the record

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3194
yea but thats not with the new termlab, 3 db differnece i believe, but sooo impressive

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 32
Honestly, what good is 179 dB? Can you listen to that volume? No, it would burst your eardrums in a split second. Plus, how much life are you detracting from your car with SPL numbers like that? you're litterally rattling your car to pieces, and for what? a trophy??? morons, all of you. speakers were invented to reproduce musical recordings as accurately as possible. translation: sound quality. I will never understand you bass-heads... :P

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3287
haha, im a basshead with a lost soul(money issues) lol

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 44
Ya, as soon as I get my Kappa Perfects installed, I'll probably be the same way!

...It's kinda hard to be a basshead when all you've got is 4 components...lol!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3313
ye4a i have a couple sets of infinitys lieing around in my garage and they sound GREAT, i love those subs, but i prefer my eclipse al over them and my Ti just obliterates them lol, but if i didnt run either ofthose two i would prolly run my infintys

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 791
Nice to see the 'children' dragging their ghetto gangster rap conversation to the HOME AUDIO FORUM.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
ok ok OK i can admit that kicker will beat jl in spl but thats it

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3411
only the solo x., but the jls will at least sound better

Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

I have to agree with Subfanatic on this, Kickers are good but not that good. As for the the reply, did it have to be that personal and harsh?

there are a lot of brands out there that would would wipe the floor with kickers. and if you got a 170db I think not, unless you added two runs together.

just out of interest what are you powering them with and what enclosure have u got them in and what car?

JL's I think are better than kickers.

as for the 10" sub, that must have been in a trnsmission enclosure.

All these numbers been thrown about, someone is gonna come on here and say they got 200db with their 6 x 9's lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 851
I think all 'idiot-children' who drive around in their $10 rustbuckets with loud music blasting and thumping for everyone to hear within a 200yard radius because they think it will make them look cool, should grow up and stop being stupid idiots.

Oh BTW......this thread is in the Home audio forum, so take your conversation elsewhere there where you and the rest of the 'children' can talk about your car-subwoofers.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3442
Paul, you say that ALOT, and sorry, but nooone is going to listen to you lol, i would but if i answer the questions about car audio over here you should be ok lol. But also i do have a 10 doller rustbucket lol, but im hitting 146db but bthanks to sound deadening i cant be heard from far away

Dino-on the reply I DID mean to be that harsh lol, and the reason for it is because he came on ehre amde a stupid comment that had no point to be here and intended to just end this thread with a single reply because he didnt really want and argument, but he was just talking smack for no reason, also i just noticed somen, he said the l7s peaked out, they dont really have great xmax thanks to there square design. and 2 15 l7s COULD NEVER get past 155 in my opinion, i would LOVE to see this, and IT, if your hitting this high of numbers, its somewhere on the web. SHOW ME!

Silver Member

Post Number: 852
Yea, I realize they wont listen. At least I dont post in the AUTO forum to create discussions about HT.

Maybe I should go over the to AUTO forum to start a debate about which is the most "kickin" bigscreen DLP?

HEH

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3447
haha, that would eb pretty funny

Username: Ricanplaya

Miami, Fl Us

Post Number: 3
know wat subs are awsome. atleast pretty decent............... a pair of 15" EARTHQUAKES. Come close to kikers

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4146
ive never heard em

Username: Ricanplaya

Miami, Fl Us

well the earthquake tremors neway go on google and do a search on them. pretty good. their very rare there not like well known speakers only som pepolpe know of them

Subfreak
Unregistered guest
ive heard tarantula subs are good for competition
im pushin 2 comp vr 12's from Kicker which sound pretty good n anyone kno where i can get a db meter im jus curious what im pushin right now even tho i kno its pretty low im to broke to have a true comp system n on the infinitys there alright but not for true hard hitting bass i had a set of em n already got em sold there good for someone not wanting alot of bass but if u wanna lot of bass go with Kicker MTX or JL mainly Rockford makes some good uns but arent good for comp and same for audiobahn in my opinion they suck anymore

subfreak
Unregistered guest
whats the best known sub for top level db ratings with good sounding bass not distorted sh!tty soundin?

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4670
Subs that you seem to watn sound like sql subs, so that would be, RE x.x.x, RE sx, Eclipse TI, AA Avalanch, DD 3500 series, DD 9500 Series, ummm there are alot lol just the top of the name,also subfreak, RF makes a louder sub than MTX Kicker or JL makes, its there Team RF sub, they are nuts. JL is NOT an spl driver, MTXs 9500 tries to be but is beat by the w7, and KIcker solo x is complete garbage,. fopr spl go eclipse ti pro, RE mt, Team RF, DD 9900 seires or 9500 series

sean b
Unregistered guest
you all are dumb as hell JL makes SQL subs and kicker makes SPL subs those are the facts you can find stuff wrong with both of the companies but i personally like kicker better

sean b
Unregistered guest
a solo x 18 is the best spl sub ever made you cant name one better. the DD can keep up with is but thats the only one, mtx is not a good sub compant sont even mention the 9500 it isn't even the best sub they make

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4775
hey sean lol, the kicker solo x is hardly the best spl csub ever made, the dd9917 will EAT IT ALIVE, the RE MT will, the jackhammer will. Eclipse Ti Pro lol

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 884
Upload

Do hope you use the ear-plugs as 170.5db SPL is WOW LOUD the test for this last for a few minutes doesn't it

Is that how the judges, judge the best or the loudest, until the next time around then?

dannynewfuckin guy
Unregistered guest
lol PPI subs are tight.

$Craig*Adrianna*Amber$
Unregistered guest
i got a thousand that says anyone that wants to get down with me cant touch me in db (also sound quality is extremely decent. JL(just lies}suck i have a few dead ones laying around. kicker is decent for the price, the more willing u r to pay the better u get from them. jl is just high priced junk. seen a few other nicer subs listed by subfanatic, but i got a surprise in my trunk:-) as for paul, dude your SORRY BROKE AS$ has no idea, its about money. i have two cars with hydraulics, a ricer, and a bigbody caddy with a system i know would pop eardrums. oh yeah i am white, i listen to disturbed and other alternative type $hit, not rap. little seceret, cruising late night i some times put in a little david cassidy or willie depending on the mood, and the old ladies mood{mostly}

$Craig*Adrianna*Amber$
Unregistered guest
i got a thousand that says anyone that wants to get down with me cant touch me in db (also sound quality is extremely decent). JL(just lies}suck i have a few dead ones laying around. kicker is decent for the price, the more willing u r to pay the better u get from them. jl is just high priced junk. seen a few other nicer subs listed by subfanatic, but i got a surprise in my trunk:-) as for paul, dude your SORRY BROKE AS$ has no idea, its about money. i have two cars with hydraulics, a ricer, and a bigbody caddy with a system i know would pop eardrums. oh yeah i am white, i listen to disturbed and other alternative type $hit, not rap. little seceret, cruising late night i some times put in a little david cassidy or willie depending on the mood, and the old ladies mood{mostly}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us