Constructively criticize this system

Username: Griffin

Post Number: 1
I've been shopping around for 5.1 speakers and a receiver. I'm a bit of a newbie, but I think I'm close to making a decision. I'd like to run the setup by this board for a final round of advice.

I'm looking at Paradigm speakers. I want this system to be primarily for music listening (mostly hip-hop/jazz/funk and a little of everything else), but I also want it to work well as a home theater. The salesman urged me to invest mostly in the front speakers and the receiver. I live in Manhattan, and my living is room is only 11' x 11'. The walls are solid brick.

This is the deal I'm currently considering:

2 Paradigm Phantoms (shielded)
2 Paradigm Cinema 70s
1 Paradigm CC-170
1 Paradigm PDR-10
NAD 752 Receiver
Cables, wall brackets

This package is $2010. It's a little more than I intended to spend. I don't mind, but I'd prefer not to go any higher. What does everyone think? Would you tweak this setup in anyway? Any comments or things I should consider?

Any input is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 379
I would stick with a 2 channel and you will get better sound for your music, and the movies will sound good too - do we really need 6 speakers for movies?

If you want to go this rout, post it for 2 channel system and you will get suggestions that will sound better than the above system for the same money.

As far as the HT system goes, your choices are good for the money. You can get more quality if you go with a 2 channel system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us