Velodyne?

Bronze Member
Username: Banyanleaf

Post Number: 19
On its website, Velodyne claims that it has been a leading subwoofer manufacturer for 20 years. But I don't see any discussion on this brand at all here. Is what they claim credible? What is your opinion on Velodyne?

http://www.velodyne.com

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 304
i believe that velodyne would atleast be considered midfi. they have some crap in their line of subs but i think overall they are well know to provide some of the best bang for buck subs right now. i also wonder why there are not as many people suggesting velodyne in this forum. it always seems to be svs or hsu, mind i have never heard them myself. one thing i can say about velodyne is they have the biggest sub i have ever seen, the 1812. that thing is a giant.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 324
Christopher is right. Velodyne makes everything from inexpensive poorly built products to "state of the art" products. The best subs that I have ever heard are the Vandersteen, REL, and Era subs. It just depends on what you want to spend. Hsu and SVS make good products and are certainly worth investigating. Some other subs I don't hear much about on this forum which are outstanding are the Martin Logan, PSB, Paradigm (Servo 15 and PW2100), Thiel and on and on. Lots of great products out there. And yeah, that Velodyne 1812, what is that monster, WOW!

Bronze Member
Username: Mauimusicman

Post Number: 28
This is a monster.
http://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/xs/index.html

Velodyne does definately make some good subs however.

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
hahahaha, maui that hands down is awesomely large. i think the 1812 will cower in the corner when that thing powers up.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 524
For once, I agree with Christopher Lee's assessment. Some Velodyne products are outstanding, others crap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
im glad we can have some agreements as long as we dont get flame wars starting. sorry for any previous transgressions.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 327
Wow, that Wilson looks like it means business!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 530
Chris, for me it's simple: when you're right you're right. One may be the scum of the earth, but if (s)he's right on a particular subject, I can accept the information without accepting the personage. And no, I am not calling you scum.

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
haha, relax dale. i think if we can discuss things on this forum with some degree os respect and civility i can try to keep things from being personal or flame wars. that is of couse unless you get enjoyment from being provoked into arguements. and i do agree with you on you last remarks.

Bronze Member
Username: Banyanleaf

Post Number: 20
Another brand that's not been talked about much is M&K.

http://www.mksound.com/subwoofer.php

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 50
one reason HSU and SVS get recommended a lot is because they sound quite good for a fraction of hi-fi costs. As far as velodyne goes, their high end stuff is pretty nice. The only reason they claim "leading subwoofer manuracturer for 20 years" is because subs is about all they do. They have a few bookshelf speakers, but they suck big time. Velodyne is practically the only subwoofer-only manufacturer out there...

Username: Rugerfan

Sacramento, California United States

Post Number: 4
Velodyne's new DD 18 realy blows every sub out of the water, but you got to pay $5,000 dollors to get that kind performance. I have a older F-1800XR and it realy kicks some butt. I payed $950 for it or so. I just ordered a HSU VTF- Mark2 for $699 and I bet it beats the velodyne on spl but I think the velodyne will remain cleaner sounding. Its realy hard to beat a servo controlled sub on cleaness.

Post Number: 5
I love a Velodyne DD-18 but where to get the 5k from is the problem! lol.

Post Number: 6
Another thing is I did spend 5k on a sub my wife whould kill me. Literaly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us