Need help with new system


Unregistered guest
I am buying a new house and having surround sound speakers built in to the house. They are installing Elan ME650 wall and ceiling speakers plus an Elan MP800S subwoofer. Probably not the best speakers, but I do like the idea having the speakers built in.

I was thinking of getting a Harmon Kordon AVR 135 receiver. It looks like the AVR only has a pre out for a subwoofer, but since I will just have a subwoofer mounted in the wall how do I power it? Do I have to get a separate amp just for the subwoofer or is there a way to have the AVR power the subwoofer also? If I do need a subwoofer amp, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance...

Unregistered guest
Yes you need a sub amp, you will not find a reciever with a sub amp built in, as most subs are internally powered. Boston Acoustics make a good sub amp, but there are lots out there if you do some looking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us