Paradigms

Username: Guygadois

Post Number: 8
I really like the Paradigm speakers and have chosen to go with them. Where is the best place to purchase them. Do they control their prices like Denon does or can I save a bunch by going to a specific place?

Guy

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 539
First off..........how do you know you like them??

Based on your question, since you're asking where you can find a pair, I recommend finding them first, listen to them......and then determining whether you like them or not.

NEVER buy speakers without listening to them first!!!! Just because somebody else likes them doesnt mean they wont sound like total garbage to you.

As to your dealer location question......Goto their website and do a dealer search. As for price, EVERYTHING is negotiable.

Would you buy a painting without seeing it first?? A car without taking a test drive???

Username: Guygadois

Post Number: 9
I own a pair and recently purchased a pair of Paradigm speakers. I would rather not pay full retail and would rather look to a place to deal with. The two place near me are full retail. Anyone have any experience with getting 'deals' on Paradigms?

Anonymous

Guy, ignore answers like the one above. Paul's answer is very much like the guy who is driving downhill only to be yelled at by a passing car driving uphill and saying: "pig". The downhill driver furiously sticks his head out of the car to yell something nasty at the other driver, but it hits a pig before uttering a word.

Your question is whether you can get a deal on Paradigms. The answer is unlikely. You will either pay full price and get awesome retail service like Arthur in Oregon, or you may get a discount ranging from say 10% to 20% and be treated more like a one-off customer.

Message to Paul: it would serve you well to answer the question without interjecting your beliefs first.

RMS
Unregistered guest
I recently purchase a set of studio 100s with matching center, rears, a pw-2200, a receiver and stand and got 15 percent off list for everything without haggling.

I figured I could get closer to 20 if I really wanted to negotiate, but after some crappy service and pricing negotiations at a couple other places I figure the dealer quoting me 15% off deserved the deal without further haggling. I'm more than happy to potentially pay a touch more than I could have if the overall service was what I expected or more.

And the service from the place I bought was great, from the demoing in the store to the follow-ups on my interest, the actual order, delivery etc.

Username: Jimvm

Gonzales, Louisiana U.S.A.

Post Number: 8
Guy - In my Paradigm buying experience, I found that most authorized dealers are willing to come down 10 - 15%. The following things help:

- Talk to the manager or owner of the shop; he's more likely to deal with you than a salesman.

- The more stuff you buy, the more likely the dealer will be willing to offer a decent discount. If you're only buying one pair of speakers, the dealer may only offer 5 - 10% off. If you're buying more, he may be willing to offer more off.

- Let the dealer know that you will likely be a repeat customer; that when you need other audio equipment you will be back. He'll be more amenable to deal with you.

- Be willing to travel to other Paradigm dealers if possible. If you are able to say to your local dealer, "You know, I'd really prefer to give you my business, but ABC Audio in Podunk is willing to discount these speakers 15%", your dealer may be more likely to give you a discount.

These are just suggestions. There are no guarantees that you can get a discount. There are so many variables. Good luck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
Guy,
I didnt realize there were those who actually pay full retail. You should negotiate price, yes.....even at at any retail store.

Dont you negotiate price???? Price is always negotiable.

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
I agree with RMS...........With any negotiation skills, you should be able to, at least, get 20%.

To Mr or Miss anon/........Reread my post. I did give a specific answer to the question. The question was quite simple...

1. where to buy
2. how to get a deal

Both were specifically addressed.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 259
The store's that I deal with will offer system discounts. I paid full retail because I was given full retail on my trade in twice in 3 mos. Only pay full retail if it is worth it. By worth it I mean, what kind of deals and programs does your dealer offer, such as my full retail speaker trade in for full year after purchase. Even then I did not pay full retail at the time of the original purchase. On Paradigms you should be able to get at least 5% off.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 398
Am I the only one who thinks Richard Stallman when seeing the initials RMS?

Am I the only one who knows who Richard Stallman is? :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
Richard the hippie hacker guy?

BTW....the studio100s look pretty sweet. Had I seen them while speaker shopping, I might have replaced my 20 year old behemoths. As I have said before....there are plenty of good speakers out there. My only problem is that I didnt find them while looking.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 400
Richard the hippie hacker guy?

Yes, if you wish. Richard the founder of GNU and the Free Software Foundation. He's always abbreviated as RMS in email.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us