GOOD home CD/DVD Player and Recorder for under $500

Username: Erik

Post Number: 10
I just bought my system and am looking for a good CD/ DVD player as well. A faster peice of equipment to record and burn CD's besides my comp would be nice too. I was looking for the best I can get inbetween $300 and $500. So where do I go with this? I got the Pioneer 1014 reciever with an Ascend LCR (170 and 340) I want good sound more than DVD.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 417
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi? Start here. At that price point, you have lots of excellent choices for CD/DVD players. Consider a player with Burr-Brown converters. Not sure you will be able to locate a stand alone DVD burner with greater speed than your computer, however. Good hunting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Are all those DVD players also CD players though? What do you recommend for around $400?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
That site only lists DVD players--I need a good CD player/Recroder with average DVD capabilities

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 455
Erik, CD recorders will generally not play DVDs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
SO do you suggest I get a CD player/recorder and a seperate DVD player? Any suggestions. The Nad donest record---I have anopther thread in this forum where I narrowed down some choices but Im still not sure what to get.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us