Searching

Username: Blue_cadet

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to get my first turntable and I've been doing a good bit of research over the last month or so. After some thinking I've decided I'd rather go vintage (I was heavily considering an audio technica pl 120 for a while) and I've compiled a list, but my knowledge on most of these is very limited. My price range is about 200-250 bucks and frankly I don't know how much most of these go for. Any info or input would be GREATLY appreciated...

Kenwood - KD 5070

Denon - DP45F

Pioneer - PL 51, PL 51A

Also friend of mines father has an old Thorens he is considering selling to me (though he said he wanted to think it over first). It is a TD 146 which I know little about. He said he'd let me have it for 50 if he decides to let it go, would that be a good find? THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3004
Michael,

Thorens had a high reputation. Denon and Pioneer also. I do not know the model numbers, sorry. You can get Rega Planar 2 and 3 turntables for something like that price. They last, and all parts are available if there is any problem.

"Kenwood" was also called "Trio" and they were rated, too. One name that has bombed but the turntables were good is "Sansui", so do not pass one over because of lack of brand recognition.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 124
mmf 2.1 or project 1.2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us