Connecting subs to Computer

SkieS
Unregistered guest
Hello,
I have two 10" JL audio subs, and no amp right now. I was just wondering if I could somehow connect them to my computer. I have a Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1 sound card(see pic). The speakers(satelites) are connected to the Creative sub(internal amp ?) with RCA plugs. I was thinking about taking out one or two speakers and replacing them with the subs. Does anyone know of an adapter that converts speaker wire to RCA plugs? Or is there any other way I can do this?

http://www.computercity.biz/images/15023.jpeg

SkieS
Unregistered guest
No suggestions?

Username: Njb986

MA

Post Number: 1
Actually I have a 400W 10" Pioneer IMPP sub in a box connected to my computer but it took some doing. If you have an old computer speaker set that had a subwoofer or something they claimed was one you can open the box and find the lowpass filter on the board fairly easily. all I did was soldered speaker wires to the lowpass filter and ran it directly to the sub box and BOOM! Pure bass from a sub connected to the computer.The only problem that you may run into is there may not be enough power to the sub. If you want I can make up a diagram of what I have going for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Ornlu

Post Number: 27
I'm certain that there's no RcA to speaker wire adapter. Also, you won't have enough power for non amplified subwoofers from that little card. A) you could blow the card by connecting the sub directly to it with no preamp. B) it won't sound good even if you do it.

Username: Njb986

MA

Post Number: 2
i think that radioshack has something that makes it so you can connect speakerwire to rca's..not entirely sure. worth checking into though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us