Best Micro system in $150-$200 range

Username: Vivekama

Post Number: 1
Can anyone suggest a nice micro system in the range $150-$200?

1. Reliable with nice clarity.
2. I want it to be compact
3. Don't need great bass but no distortion/resonance problems.
4. Should play CD/CD-R/MP3
5. Maybe a good radio capability

OR would this be better?
Buying a Mp3-CD player and hook it up to a PC speaker system like Klipsch?

Thank you very very much in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 40
This Sony would be my choice, just don't expect great things at high volumes at this price range.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001LD00A

I would buy that and upgrade the speakers ASAP to at least something like the Polk R15s which go for about $100 a pair at jandr.com

Or, for another $300 you could actually have a much better low-end component system from jandr.com that easily blows away $300-500 "executive" microsystems:

1. Sherwood 4103 am/fm receiver, $90
2. Toshiba 3960 DVD/CD player, $50
3. Polk R15 speakers, $100

And for an extra $60 you can substitute an Onkyo 502 receiver which will give you surround capability and a subwoofer preout for future upgrading.

The only reason to buy a mini or microsystem IMO is if you are REALLY short on cash and/or space.

Bronze Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 41
This Sony would be my choice, just don't expect great things at high volumes at this price range.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001LD00A

I would buy that and upgrade the speakers ASAP to at least something like the Polk R15s which go for about $100 a pair at jandr.com

Or, for just another $100 you could actually have a much better low-end component system from jandr.com that easily blows away $300-500 "executive" microsystems:

1. Sherwood 4103 am/fm receiver, $90
2. Toshiba 3960 DVD/CD player, $50
3. Polk R15 speakers, $100

And for an extra $60 you can substitute an Onkyo 502 receiver which will give you surround capability and a subwoofer preout for future upgrading.

The only reason to buy a mini or microsystem IMO is if you are REALLY short on cash and/or space.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us