HK avr525 speaker match

Anonymous

I recently purchased an HK AVR 525 receiver and now I need to replace my speakers. I have the receiver in a room that is 24' by 25' with hard wood floors, wood walls and a cedar ceiling (one wall is brick) Mostly 85% of the time, I use it for music. I plan to run it in 5.1 mode and use the 2 back channels to drive speakers in separate rooms. Does anyone have a good suggestion for speakers to use with this system?

PeterGalbraith
Unregistered guest
Big room, Klipsch comes to mind. I just received my AVR-325 this morning and have not set it up yet, so I can't tell you how I find it with Klipsch LaScala but people in this board recommended the h/k for my Klipsch, so some might recommend Klipsch for your h/k. But listen to some first on a similar receiver. They are bright and very forward speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 244
I think Klipsch is an ok match but I prefer Monitor Audio for it's smoother sound while still having great dynamics. A H/K /Monitor system would be a perfect match. The MA Silver line is the line to listen to and pair with your 525.

Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 2
It depends on the kind of Klipsch speakers you get and the kind of music you listen to. I think for rock, jazz, and movies, most Klipsch speakers would perform very well with the H/K receiver. However, if you listen to a lot of classical/orchestral music, then there are many other speakers that would probably be better, unless you get the old Klipschhorns driven by a tube amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us