New memberUsername: Dk0r
Post Number: 1
Based my purchase upon looks/budget, & picked up a Marantz 6300 for $150. Im going to need a preamp, new cartridge, allignment tools & record cleaning products of which IU need your guys advice on.
1. Is the Marantz 6300, Moving Magnet or Moving
2. What are my 'best' options for cartridges under $100?
(primary listening is jazz w/ a marantz SR7000 receiver w/ two Yamaha NS-670's)
3. What types of alignment tools should I use if any?
I was thinking of picking up the phono cartridge alignment tool from http://turntablebasics.com/align.html
What about a Stylus force gauge?(turntablebasics.com is out of stock)
4. What are my 'best' options for preamps under $200
(again, I have a marantz sr7000 preamp w/ two Yamaha NS-670's)
5. Whats are 'best' record cleaning tools under $50 w/ a decent amount
Im a total noob, & i dont know jack about phono, so all opinions are welcome.
Thanks in advance
Dk0r on AOL Instant messenger